Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 15:25:40 +0100 (CET)
From:      Patrik Kudo <kudo@partitur.se>
To:        SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: shutdown and power-cut

On 30 Oct, Steve Friedrich wrote:

> Ideas:
> 1. Pull the power plug and plug it back in tommorrow when you come in?
> 2. Put X10 controllers on each server and get an X10 controller with
> either a timer or dial-in capability?
> 3. Buy the low tech timers used to control pool pumps, etc?
>
> This email may be way too late, I didn't see it last night...

Thanks for your answer, and sorry about the double post to the list. I
frist thought I got the wrong address, and posted it again =/

Anyway, about your answers,
1. I can't pull the plug, because I want to
minimize downtime. > 4-5 hours is not good at all =(
3. I thought about this too, but I've only seen timers that run
 on the power from the plug they're pluged into... Not much help
 when the power goes. I'll try to find timers with batteries though.

About the X10 controllers... Never heard about them before. How do
they work? What are they used for? It sounds interesting.

Regards,
Patrik Kudo
kudo@partitur.se