Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:19:41 +0200
From:      Jorn Argelo <jorn@wcborstel.nl>
To:        Andreas Davour <ante@Update.UU.SE>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Enemy Territory

Andreas Davour wrote:

>Since I just recently trashed a lot of my X-libs, I have no idea if this
>is even possible to get to work, by anyway. I have a friend who is stuck
>in the windoze rut and he have told me zillions of times I have to plat
>Enemy Territory with him. I realized that it was to be found under
>/usr/ports/games and tried to install it.
>
>Now when I run it it gives me this message:
>
>ET 2.56 linux-i386 Sep 10 2003
>----- FS_Startup -----
>Current search path:
>/home/ante/.etwolf/etmain
>/usr/compat/linux/usr/games/et/etmain/pak1.pk3 (10 files)
>/usr/compat/linux/usr/games/et/etmain/pak0.pk3 (3725 files)
>/usr/compat/linux/usr/games/et/etmain/mp_bin.pk3 (4 files)
>/usr/compat/linux/usr/games/et/etmain
>
>----------------------
>3739 files in pk3 files
>execing default.cfg
>couldn't exec language.cfg
>couldn't exec autoexec.cfg
>Hunk_Clear: reset the hunk ok
>
>------- Input Initialization -------
>Joystick is not active.
>------------------------------------
>Bypassing CD checks
>----- Client Initialization -----
>----- Initializing Renderer ----
>-------------------------------
>----- Client Initialization Complete -----
>----- R_Init -----
>cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>failed
>----- CL_Shutdown -----
>RE_Shutdown( 1 )
>-----------------------
>----- CL_Shutdown -----
>-----------------------
>Sys_Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem
>
>I know some X stuff have gone south due to my clumsy fingers, but
>libGL.so.1 *is* present. I did a 'ls /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1' and it was
>there. It even was present at /usr/compat/linux/lib/libGL.so.1 when I
>checked.
>
>Any ideas on how to debug this problem? I there some other missing stuff
>that can cause this?
>
>/Andreas

Have you installed the Nvidia drivers from the ports tree? And where is
libGL.so.1 located? It should be in something like /usr/X11R6/lib or
something like that.

I never had any problems with ET at all. I just compiled the Nvidia
drivers from the ports tree, installed ET from the ports tree (though I
had some problems finding the executable), and it worked just fine.
Exept that Arts was a PITA sometimes and I had to change the sound
system in order to get sound.

Cheers,

Jorn