Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:32:52 +0200
From:      Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie.le-hen@epita.fr>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Depending on a static library

Hello,

I would like to have a port depending on a static library (using a shared
one is not an option here) but it seems that the LIB_DEPENDS statement
in the Makefile only support shared ones.  I google'd for a while but I
did'nt find something relevant.

I'm truly convinced this is possible, but the Porter's handbook does not
say anything about it.  The only way I found is using the DEPENDS statement,
but if I understood correctly while reading bsd.port.mk, this is not a
conditional inclusion, it simply make a target in the specified directory.
Is there any clean way to achieve this ?

Please Cc me in your answers, I am not subscribed to this list.

Best regards,
--
Jeremie LE HEN aka TtZ                                jeremie.le-hen@epita.fr
                                                                 ttz@epita.fr