Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2017 11:11:04 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A small problem after switching from portmaster to synth

On 19 December 2017 at 08:52, Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm seeing a lot of this in the daily security email after switching:
>
>      Checking for packages with mismatched checksums:
>      db5-5.3.28_6:
> /usr/local/share/doc/db5/api_reference/C/BDB-C_APIReference.pdf
>
> On one of my machines, it goes on for hundreds of lines, mostly for postgresql.

This is not a synth issue, but possibly a security issue. The security
check is correctly flagging possibly hi-jacked files. You should
forcibly reinstall the port to ensure that the artifacts that the port
builds is what you've got installed on your host. I have to say that
the only lines that have been flagged for me are due to the port
binary altering files configuration files, which should have been
located in /var instead of /usr/local.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>