Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:12:06 -0500
From:      TrouBle <trouble@netquick.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Ian J Greely <ian@tirnanog.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: AH 2940UW timeout problems...

Ummm i just recently upgraded to 3.3 and im now having the same problem
at boot...
it sees the card fine, but when it goes to stat the disk it does nothing
but send  the exact same error, i thought the drive had finally died, so
i went got a new drive and the exact same thing, could my card have gone
bonjkers, maybe ill try to just replace the cable and see if that helps

Brian Somers wrote:

> > I've had a look on the list and whilst there are hundreds of similar
> > messages to this I can see no replies that
> > explain how to get past this.
> >
> > The problem is the probe on the 3.3 CD startup. It correctly spots the
> > AH2940 uw and then issues a timeout then
> > continues to timeout every couple of minutes.
> >
> > "SCB 0xe - timed out while idle, LASTPHASE == 0x1, SEQADDR =
> >  0x18a
> > No longer in timeout, status =34b"
> >
> > Termination is fine. The card and MB work with OS/2, 98, NT.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > regards,
> > Ian
>
> I'd bet on termination or a dodgy cable.
>
> --
> Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
>       <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>
> Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour !          <brian@FreeBSD.org.uk>

      ...and that is how we know the Earth to be banana-shaped.