Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 21:31:17 -0500
From:      dave horvath <dave@chromatix.com>
To:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   many thanks for a great implementation of BSD

All,

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who contributed to
the FreeBSD project, or anyone who is listening.  I had my first real
experience with the FreeBSD 2.1.5-RELEASE today.  I had downloaded
it a while back but unfortunately hadn't had much of a chance to play
with it.

Today our Sparc II went down.  We were using the system for e-mail,
mail lists, web server, etc.   I didn't have any other Sun systems
available that I could temporarily use,  so I decided to try to
configure the FreeBSD 2.1.5-RELEASE that I had installed on my
Gateway Solo portable.  Within hours I had everything running and
turned a portable into a fully functional server.  Thanks to your web
pages, documentation, and a stable release, everything went fine.
And I must admit, much smoother than the days when I used to play
with BSD 4.3 on a VAX.  In fact, much more functional than any
out of the box HP, Solaris, DEC, SCO, etc .... system that I have
paid to license.  I am truly amazed.

Dave Horvath
Chromatix, Inc.