Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2007 07:20:51 -0600
From:      "Caleb Collins" <kbcaleb@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Terabyte drive

So I just installed a new terabyte WD drive and I am showing 902GB on the
new drive, which I expect thank to the fact they use 1000 instead of 1024.
However the problem I am seeing is that I am losing 72Gb from the start on
the fresh drive.

/dev/ad4s1c    902G    4.0K    830G     0%    /media2

As you can see I am using 0% however I have already lost 72Gb. Is there a
flag I am missing for newfs for new large drives or is this a bug with df.

FreeBSD fellat.rackerx.com 6.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE #0: Fri Jan 12
11:05:30 UTC 2007     root@dessler.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SMP
i386