Date:      Mon, 05 Nov 2012 17:32:16 +0000
From:      Paul Macdonald <paul@ifdnrg.com>
To:        s m <sam.gh1986@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: config multiport serial card

On 04/11/2012 14:42, s m wrote:
> hello everybody
>
> i have a moxa 4-port serial card and installed it on freebsd8.2
> successfully. i have ttyu2-5 in /dev that are moxa ports.
>
> my question is how i can use these ports? i add the following lines to ttys
> file:
> ttyu2 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" vt100 on secure
> ttyu3 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" vt100 on secure
> ttyu4 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" dialup on secure
> ttyu5 "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600" dialup on secure
>
> and restart my system. i connect another system to one of my moxa port by a
> null modem cable and run putty in both side but i can't see any thing in
> putty screens and leds on moxa card doesn't turn on.
for my serial consoles i add:

#in /boot.config
-D

#in /boot.conf (not sure if this is needed but it seems to do no harm)
-h

#in /boot/loader.conf
#(match the 57600 to correct baud)
comconsole_speed="57600"
console="comconsole"

In bios turn serial redirection on, i see nearly all of the bootloader
process this way.

Paul.

> please let me know if i should do some configuration else in order to my
> ports work correctly. should i use another application instead of putty to
> work with these ttyus?
>
> thanks
> sam

-------------------------