Date:      Sat, 9 May 2009 07:00:04 GMT
From:      Thomas Mueller <tmueller@sysgo.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/134276: [linux][patch] MSG_NOSIGNAL not translated for recv(), socket timeout incorrect for 64-bit hosts

The following reply was made to PR kern/134276; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Thomas Mueller <tmueller@sysgo.com>
To: Chagin Dmitry <dchagin@freebsd.org>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: kern/134276: [linux][patch] MSG_NOSIGNAL not translated for
 recv(), socket timeout incorrect for 64-bit hosts
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 08:30:53 +0200

 On Sat, 9 May 2009 00:10:03 +0400, Chagin Dmitry wrote:
 > On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 04:57:50PM +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
 > >
 > > >Number:         134276
 > > >Category:       kern
 > > >Synopsis:       [linux][patch] MSG_NOSIGNAL not translated for recv(), socket timeout incorrect for 64-bit hosts
 > > >Confidential:   no
 > > >Severity:       non-critical
 > > I've encountered two socket related problems with the Linux emulation:
 > >
 > > 1. A Linux application passing the MSG_NOSIGNAL flag in calls to
 > >    recv() or recvfrom() will still receive a SIGPIPE if the condition
 > >    for sending the signal is met.
 > >
 > > 2. An attempt to set socket timeouts with a call to setsocktopt() using the
 > >    SO_RECVTIMEO or SO_SNDTIMEO option will fail with [EINVAL] on amd64.
 > >

 > What the Linux application you have mentioned?
 > I should know it to test patches. Thank you.

 Sorry for not mentioning it in the PR. The applications are part of the
 LM-X License Manager package by X-Formation (http://www.x-formation.com/).
 It looks like they offer a trial download but require registration.

 When back in the office (next weeek), I could revert my local changes
 and provide you with an output of linux_kdump if that helps. I would
 also test patches.

 --
 Thomas Mueller