Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:03:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   SAMBA and IP filtering

Is anybody out here who has IP filtering (IPFIREWALL) on and has still
full SAMBA access via NT clients?
I have the following problem: IP filtering is enabled and working well on
our FBSD 4.1 box running samba. One of the first rules is to allow all traffic
from and to the server via the local network, that means no restrictions. With
many services this runs well - but not for SAMBA!

When trying to access a ip-filtering SAMBA server, I see its icon in the
network neightborhood environment, but when clicking on its icon, I get the
error message "Access denied, network path not found" after a while. Stopping
Ip-filtering solves the problem, but that is not the right solution, I think.
My question is, how to solve this problem.

Many, many thanks in advance,

Gruss O. Hartmann