Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 2008 10:42:50 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [RFC] patch to AHCI device detection code

Hi

You are right on that one of course, from my quick eyeballing the =20
patch I thought you enabled the reset sequence too, but on a closer =20
look its only the extra timeout, my bad.

However, the most usual problem is that the devices does not leave a =20
signature behind due to the missing reset sequence. That problem is =20
50/50 as some controllers apparently doesn't like the resetting and =20
will leave busy set and a hanging channel.

I'll be getting some new HW here in the lab tomorrow if all goes well, =20=

that will let me play with this on one of the failing devices again. =20
Maybe I'll find a generic solution this time around.

I'll commit this patch for now, as you said, it doesn't hurt..

-S=F8ren