Date:      Sat, 29 Aug 2015 23:05:52 +0100
From:      Julien Grall <julien.grall@citrix.com>
To:        <jasone@freebsd.org>, <andrew@fubar.geek.nz>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   arm64: userspace broken with jemalloc 4.0.0

Hi,

I've built the latest freebsd master (r287263) for arm64 today. While
trying to use the userspace I hit some ASSERT in jemalloc:

# ls
<jemalloc>: /usr/src/freebsd/lib/libc/../../contrib/jemalloc/include/jemalloc/internal/arena.h:571: Failed assertion: "pageind >= map_bias"
pid 21 (ls), uid 0: exited on signal 6
Abort trap

It's happening every time with the command "ls".

I tried to use the previous version of jemalloc (i.e reverting
all the patches up to "Update jemalloc to version 4.0.0" included)
and everything is working.

Note that I'm using Freebsd as a Xen ARM guest although the only
difference is the version of jemalloc (4.0.0 vs 3.6.0).

Does anyone using arm64 have seen a similar ASSERT?

BTW, is there any way to rebuild only the libc rather than doing
make buildworld everytime I modified the jemalloc code?

Regards,

--
Julien Grall