Date:      Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:51:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Avishay Traeger <atraeger@cs.sunysb.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Self-tuning parameters

I am currently looking into how various operating systems self-tune their
memory-related parameters (automatically adjusting parameters such as how
much memory is allocated for various caches, buffer flushing rates, etc.).
I have read a few posts indicating that FreeBSD self-tunes many of these
parameters.  I was wondering if you could provide me with specific
information (or point me at source code) about where and how FreeBSD does
this.

Thanks in advance,
Avishay Traeger