Date:      Fri, 26 Dec 2003 15:16:38 +0100
From:      "MarciOnMaillist@web.de" <MarciOnMaillist@web.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vinum

hello folks, i have a little problem with my vinum on
-> FreeBSD 5.1

i wanted to create an LogVol with vinum. I have 4 physikal hard drives
in my pc. and i wanted to combine 3 of them with vinum.
After i have read the handbook and the manpages i configured my vinum
without problems, but after restart all my configs are lost.
Here are the steps I've done:

touch /etc/vinum.conf
-> vinum create -f -v /etc/vinum.conf

In this file there are these entrys:

    drive d1 device /dev/ad1s1
    drive d2 device /dev/ad2s1
    drive d3 device /dev/ad3s1
    volume doc1s1 setupstate
       plex org concat
          sd length 0 drive d1
          sd length 0 drive d2
          sd lenght 0 drive d3

after I did this, all plexes are up without errors.

then I did:

-> newfs /dev/vinum/doc1s1
-> disklabel -e /dev/vinum/doc1s1

I also made the entry in rc.conf:
vinum_start="YES"

after all my /dev/vinum looks
.
..
control
contorld
dev1s1
plex
sd

and after this I made an new entry in my /etc/fstab and mounted it
successfully. But then after reboot, all is lost, there is no
/dev/vinum/doc1s1, in the dir. Can anybody helps me?