Date:      Thu, 9 Jun 2005 19:11:45 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Tony Shadwick <tshadwick@goinet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade, automake14 -> automake19

On 2005-06-09 11:01, Tony Shadwick <tshadwick@goinet.com> wrote:
> Could someone give me a quick hint on switching from automake14 to
> automake19 using the ports tree without wreaking total havock on
> dependencies? :)

If you are asking what portupgrade will do with the installed ports,
then there's nothing to worry about.  Just run portupgrade -a and it
will take care of building the necessary auto* ports too.

If you are using automake14 in software you write or build yourself
outside of the Ports tree, don't.  For an example of what may go wrong,
see the misc/81558 problem report: