Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:11:06 -0400
From:      David Banning <david@www3.pacific-pages.com>
To:        "Kulraj Gurm (bosa.ca account)" <kulraj@bosa.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: None

> You have me intrigued with the fax options, are you using hylafax?
Yes, I am.

> how complicated was that to setup.
Normally it should install without problems.
I spent alot of time setting it up, but in the end,
the time spent was toward solving one problem which was easy to fix
once I knew how.  There is alot of support out there for hylafax,
and lots of people who have similar experiences in the FBSD archives.

My particular setup only involves one modem, both for ppp connection
and faxing. My ppp connection is auto-connect, so I have cron
check my POP mail every ten minutes - then I have setup my ppp
to stay open for ten minutes after the last use (in ppp.conf)
Before cron checks the mail, it first checks to see if Hylafax
has a fax set to go out. If there's a fax set to go, it never
issues the mail check of the POP account, the ppp line goes
down, and the fax is sent. Ten minutes later, the ppp line
is back up operating continuously.

> Thnx and rgds,
>
> Kulraj

If God didn't mean for us to juggle, tennis balls wouldn't come three
to a can.