Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:22:15 +0100 (BST)
From:      "Jon Mercer" <jon.mercer@achean.com>
To:        "Chezangla, Engineer, DrukNet" <chezang@druknet.bt>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hi

Cheza,

This is almost certainly a sendmail problem. You don't say how your mail
routing is supposed to work. Is, for instance, your sendmail meant to
deliver the mail locally on the same machine? Does sendmail have to talk
to another mail transfer agent to deliver the mail to another machine? It
might be the case that your sendmail is not configured to:

1. Receive mail from the address you specify in php.ini/mail()

2. Listen on the correct ports (25)

But I would expect to see an error displayed.

You need to see whether the mail queue is filling up within sendmail.

Quite possibly your sendmail queue is filling up but mails are being
blocked by another server.

Have you looked at the sendmail.mc or freebsd.mc file and reconstructed
the sendmail.cf files using m4?

Sendmail is a very complicated beast, but worth persevering with :-)

All the best,

Jon