Date:      Sat, 23 May 1998 13:20:18 +1000 (EST)
From:      Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au>
To:        Jack Velte <jackv@earthling.net>
Cc:        Jason <kib@poboxes.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why we should not support Microsoft.

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Jack Velte wrote:

[snip]
> >Not around here they don't....at least not all of them.  I just go to the
> >ones who give me What I Want, When I Want, How I Want.   Nothing more
> >nothing less.  There are some good companies out there...you just have to
> >look beyond your local mall  :)
>

> your business or ``business''?  secretaries do not use FreeBSD to type
> letters, and won't until they can run MS ap's.
>
> -jack

Or applications the equivalent or better than MS app's...

Is there a list anywhere available that shows all the commercial software
(that we know of) that is available and/or compatible for FreeBSD? That
would be a big benefit when showing business managers - they could easily
see that FreeBSD provides a cost-effective solution that meets their
commercial needs.

Nick

--
Email: ncb05@uow.edu.au - DE 30 33 D3 16 91 C8 8D  A7 F8 70 03 B7 77 1A 2A