Date:      Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:48:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      scott renna <flexble2547@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB2.0 External IDE connections

Has anyone had any luck in using external USB2.0
enclosures on FreeBSD 5.3?  I've picked up 2 of them
with different chipsets and have 2 USB2.0 to IDE
converter cables.  My kernel has support for ehci so
that's not an issue, but every time i plug one of
these devices it, it's detected as da0 and a umass
device, and I'm told data transfer is limited to
1Mb/s.  attempting to mount da0 doesn't work.

has anyone had any experience in using these types of
devices?

thanks

scott