Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 2015 17:10:03 -0400
From:      Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
To:        deco33000 Jog <deco33000@yandex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Avrdude & arduino

> On Sep 19, 2015, at 4:24 PM, deco33000 Jog <deco33000@yandex.com> wrote:
>=20
> Hello,
>=20
> Did any of you had issues coding for arduino on freebsd 10.2? (avrdude, us=
b permissions..)
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> --=20
> Jog

Jog
  You need to insure the user who is running the uploader can use the serial=
 port exposed via the USB interface you are using . In the past I used a ard=
ufruit ttl to serial converter ( an ftdi friend similar to this http://www.a=
dafruit.com/product/954 ) and what I needed was to insure my user was in the=
 "dialers" group or that the user or users group had access to the serial po=
rt. Check the ownership and perms on the tty created when you attach the USB=
 cable and setup a rule in etc/devfs.conf to allow your user rw access .=20

---
Mark Saad | nonesuch@longcount.org