Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 19:07:09 PST
From:      "Doug Arrasin" <arrasin@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Install Problem: Hanging at the 'probing devices' message

Hello,

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I'd try here. Anyway, my
problem is that when trying to install version 2.2.8 or 3.0 from the
boot floppy, I hang at the 'probing devices' message. I seen the Q&A
below posted at www.freebsd.org:

2.24. The boot floppy starts but hangs at the ``Probing Devices...''
screen.

If you have a IDE Zip or Jaz drive installed, remove it and try again.
The boot floppy can get confused by the drives. After the system is
installed you can reconnect the drive. Hopefully this will be fixed in a
later release.

Since I don't have an IDE Zip or Jaz drive installed, are there any
other suggestions out there that I might try. Please let me know if you
need more information. Thanks.

Regards,
Doug Arrasin