Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 2020 20:48:50 +0100
From:      Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
To:        Jose Quinteiro <freebsd@quinteiro.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Starting with poudriere

Jose Quinteiro wrote on 2020/02/19 20:35:
> On 2020-02-15 20:43, Dan McGrath wrote:

>> Probably not ideal since you generally want to disable the FreeBSD
>> repository, and use only your poudriere repo, instead. You would need to
>> build everything you intend to install in the jail, however. While I
>> believe that you can enable multiple repositories (FreeBSD's, and your
>> own
>> poudriere one), I am not sure about repo priorities, or how you would
>> deal
>> with conflicts with build options that pull in common ports. It is
>> something I have been meaning to look into, sorry! Perhaps someone else
>> here can give some advice?
>>
> You can set priorities for remote package repositories in the repo's
> conf file. The default priority is 0, which is lowest. I plan to set up
> a repo with the ports I build with poudriere at a higher priority. Are
> there concerns with this approach?

I am using 2 or 3 repositories (all built with our poudriere) for some
time. It works but the problem can be if some repo has different default
versions. For example one repo has PostgreSQL 9.6 as default version for
all dependencies and another repo has PostgreSQL 10. Then you need to
carefully choose what to install from what repo.

Miroslav Lachman