Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:08:00 +0100
From:      Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
To:        Georg Graf <georg.graf@wu-wien.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: at.freebsd.org Questions

Hi,

Georg Graf wrote on Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 02:50:50PM +0100:
[..]
> -) We would like to switch the master of ftp.at.freebsd.org (located
> in Vienna, using rsync) to a frequently updated tier-1 server in
> Europe, since ftp5.freebsd.org, which we are using now, seems to
> be lagging behind quite a lot and the network speed to this host
> is not very high. What about ftp4.de.freebsd.org, located in Munich?

Feel free to use it. We are up to date. We sync the archive daily
via CVSup from ftp-master. Alas, we do not offer CVSup access for
the archive part (anyone with a set of the collection files required,
please tell me), but we offer RSYNC.

Since you are a mirror, use

rsync://rsync.leo.org/FreeBSD/

you won't hit the user limit as likely as if using rsync://ftp.leo.org/
(aka ftp4.de.freebsd.org).

> -) Just to be sure this is right: Currently we are cvsupping the
> repository from cvsup-master.freebsd.org every third hour. Is it
> ok? Or should we maybe also switch to a next-tier master in Europe
> to take load off the cvsup-master? How accurate is cvsup3.de.freebsd.org?
This is also our site (ftp.leo.org).
We update the CVS repository hourly from cvsup-master.

Feel free to use it.

If you experience any problems, please email to ftp-admin@leo.org,
but have a look at http://www.leo.org/neues/maintenance_en.html
first, in case the problem is already worked on.

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock                  - Soon I will be free, then hungry. -
*Daniel Lang * dl@leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/*