Date:      24 May 2018 19:15:39 -0400
From:      "John Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD on Mac

>On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 11:38 AM, M. P. <wintermute24x7@icloud.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to install FreeBSD on a New Mac Pro and having difficulty getting the usb stick to be recognized. Any Ideas?

Rather than trying to run it on the bare Mac hardware, consider
running FreeBSD under VirtualBox on MacOS.  That's what I do,
worke great.

It is straightforward to set up your Mac's disk as an NFS share to the
BSD machine, and to make X clients on BSD use the native Xquartz
server on the Mac.  Or just ssh to the BSD machine for a shell window.

R's,
John