Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2012 13:45:12 +1100
From:      Lawrence Stewart <lstewart@freebsd.org>
To:        "Eggert, Lars" <lars@netapp.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD & bufferbloat?

On 10/12/12 03:25, Eggert, Lars wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is anyone in BSD-land working on de-bufferbloating the kernel, similar to what the Linux folks are currently doing?

I'll be committing the CAIA Delay-Gradient (CDG) TCP congestion control
algorithm shortly. It's still experimental, but it has some useful
characteristics in terms of keeping buffer utilisation minimal whilst
achieving acceptable goodput even in the face of competition from
loss-based algorithms like NewReno. I've included a few relevant links
at the end for anyone who wants to know more.

On the larger topic of de-bufferbloating the kernel, I'm not aware of
anyone who is systematically identifying buffer points and "fixing" them
if they are found to suffer from bloat problems.

Cheers,
Lawrence

http://caia.swin.edu.au/cv/dahayes/content/networking2011-cdg-preprint.pdf

www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/slides/slides-84-iccrg-2