Date:      Fri, 8 May 1998 00:25:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <ac199@hwcn.org>
To:        CharIesFox <CharIesFox@aol.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help?

Please absolutely do not cross-post a question such as this to
three different lists.  It should only have gone to -questions
(and definately not -core, and, for that matter, definately not
-hackers :).

On Fri, 8 May 1998, CharIesFox wrote:

> ethat has 6 Bytes (haha.. never ever gonna fit it there) and
> another one Meg Sector' and then the Main 2000+ Meg Sector...
> But if i install to the main sector with the 2000 i'm not sure
> if it will delete my Files. Could u help or direct me to
> someone that can

You need to have a separate partition (aka. "slice" in FreeBSD
lingo, or what you probably mean by "sector") for FreeBSD.  You
will hopefully be able to break the big partition up into two.  I
believe there is a section in the handbook on this, particularly
on using the "fips" program, or whatever the currently
reccommended program is.

Remember to backup important data before proceeding (not that we
expect to erase any information, but 1) backups should be a part
of your regular routine anyways, and 2) there could be an unusual
technical problem, or even something as simple as you
accidentally choosing the wrong partition to install onto).

--
This .sig is not innovative, witty, or profund.