Date:      Sat, 27 Nov 1999 15:54:16 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   virtual email questions

Ive been reading http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html and have
started using /etc/mailvirtusertable but I'm unable to come up with an
elegant solution for this particular situation.

I host several domains on this box and have a few email users.  For
example, if I have the domains mydomain.org and anotherdomain.org
and a user terry, I can make it so that terry@anotherdomain.org works,
but terry@mydoomain.org fails.  I do this by adding the following entries
to /etc/mailvirtusertable:

terry@anotherdomain.org	terry
terry@mydomain.org	error:nouser No such user here

However, I don't think this solution is scalable.  If I had ten other
domains, I'd have to add an entry for terry at each of the other ten
domains.  And if I had 5 other users, I'd have to add entries for each of
then at each of those domains.

There must be something else.  Is there?
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.freebsddiary.org/freebsd/