Date:      Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:25:14 -0500
From:      Bansal Deepak-LDB034 <Deepak.Bansal@motorola.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   freebsd installation problem via ftp: url invalid

Hi,
I am trying to install FreeBSD by ftp installation (through http proxy). I
select the primary site for download (ftp.freebsd.org ) but the problem is
it tries to look for freebsd snapshots at:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/freebsd/snapshots/i386/4.5RELEASE
This url is invalid as there is no current snapshot available there (in
fact, I get same problem using any other mirror site also). Problem is
whatever URL I type, it automatically appends
pub/freebsd/snapshots/i386/4.5RELEASE to that and then the complete url no
longer remains valid. Is there a way I can specify the absolute url rather
than have sysinstall automatically append something. Or if you know of a
mirror where even after appending whatever sysinstall is appending, things
work fine, let me know.
Thx in advance for the help.
Deepak