Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2007 21:00:41 +0200
From:      "Johan Bucht" <jbucht@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        julian@elischer.org
Subject:   Re: kthread vs kproc

Excellent, I was planning on prodding someone about this a while back,
hope this will give some measurable performance improvements without
sacrificing stability.
How much will this affect debuggability, will there be a higher chance
of thrashed call stacks and thus non-valid panic traces?

Feels a bit strange that some callers expect a process when calling a
function that says it creates a thread, but I guess it's a bit late to
complain that noone made a kproc macro for aio et al.
What does aio actually need that requires it to run as a process?

/Johan