Date:      Thu, 04 Mar 1999 23:14:19 -0800
From:      Brian Clarkson <tekshamn@tsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   setup help -- Xwindows & FreeBSD 3.0

HELP!!

I got my dial-out PPP set up, and my Xwindows died.  startx and xinit
both give me a generic "Can't create socket" error -- i know that's the
generic error message, but the XFree86.org FAQ wasn't any more helpful
than that.

I'm new to Xwin so I don't even know where to start.  A friend suggested
I change /etc/resolv.conf, but that didn't do anything.

Other errors that might help diagnose --

syslogd won't start -- can't assign address or pid.
configuring/ updating Xwindows configuration from /stand/sysinstall
won't do anything -- the script there won't even start.

thanks --
brian