Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 22:26:04 -0700
From:      Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Just an observation - MUA's seen in the lists

I recently noticed, while reading through these lists, that a large
number of messages posted are coming from windoze computers. This is
just a observation, based on the header that shows the mua the message
was sent from. In the 7 lists I read, all bsd or *nix related, I found
aproximately 1/3 of the messages come from windoze based pc's. Some
messages don't show the mailer information, some show the name but not
the OS, so I ignored those. I just find it interesting to see such a
large percentage coming from non-*nix machines in newsgroups about *nix
OS's.
I had some free time finally, and used it counting header info. Oh boy.
:-) About 335 messages out of around 1000 were from windoze mailers.

Anyway, just an observation, something to chat about,
Regards,

--
Chip Wiegand
Alternative Operating Systems