Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2013 18:15:16 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        FreeBSD Release Engineering Team <re@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Doug Barton <dougb@dougbarton.us>, Lee Brown <leeb@ratnaling.org>, Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Dennis Glatting <dg@pki2.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10.0-RC3 Now Available

Hi re@
cc stable@ & current@ etc,

Ref. my Fri Dec 27 15:25:57 UTC 2013
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2013-December/076604.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2013-December/047555.html

> Has someone checked src/ + ports/ has been re-made a seamless
> functional combination for named/bind ?  There were various loose
> ends earlier (paths, defaults etc), after removal from src/.
>
> I'm asking as I think I will not be able to catch up in time to
> look & check before release, ( I'm at RC2 & downloading RC3 images
> & rebuilding my svn tree that got corrupt, before I'll svn export
> & make kernel & world & cd /usr/ports/dns/bind9* ; make install )

& Ref 10.0-RC3 /usr/src/UPDATING 20130930 & Bind threads listed below.

A release without a bind that integrates as well as the one in src/ did,
would probably be shunned by server admins & get a bad name.

Please stipulate which if any of ports/dns/bind9* is certified to integrate
as seemlessly for 10.0-RC3, as did the one removed from src/ .

Else consider reversion (except on current) of commits that removed named,
until removers tidy loose ends.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2013-December/088649.html
dns/bind* ports overwriting conf files
Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Thu Dec 26 06:16:08 UTC 2013

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2013-December/088294.html
bind99 port
Dennis Glatting dg at pki2.com
Sat Dec 7 17:52:28 UTC 2013

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2013-December/076109.html
BIND chroot environment in 10-RELEASE
Lee Brown leeb at ratnaling.org
Thu Dec 5 00:16:01 UTC 2013

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2013-November/046591.html
bind9 remnants
Olivier Smedts olivier at gid0.org
Thu Nov 14 10:02:59 UTC 2013

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2013-December/076065.html
BIND segway -> python -> first-class ports
Julian Elischer julian at freebsd.org
Wed Dec 4 01:59:02 UTC 2013

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2013-December/088458.html
BIND needs more TLC
Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org (who is MAINTAINER= of ports/dns/bind9*
Tue Dec 17 13:27:19 UTC 2013

Cheers,
Julian
--
Julian Stacey, BSD Unix Linux C Sys Eng Consultant, Munich http://berklix.com
 Interleave replies below like a play script.  Indent old text with "> ".