Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 1997 20:35:06 -0600
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ftp server on ftp.cdrom.com

Hi All,

steve[~]$ ftp ftp.cdrom.com
Connected to wcarchive.cdrom.com.
220 wcarchive.cdrom.com FTP server (Version DG-2.0.7 Wed Oct 22 02:30:03
PDT 1997) ready.
Name (ftp.cdrom.com:steve): anonymous
530-Sorry, the current limit of 2750 users has been reached.
530-Please try again in a few minutes.

DG-2.0.7, whose ftp server is that?  A David Greenman special? :)
I wanted to know how the limit on the number of anonymous users
was set.  I was looking into PR #5109 and not wanting to re-invent
the wheel and not yet understanding the login class functions, I
thought this might provide some incite into how such a limit can
be imposed in our own ftpd.

Thanks, Steve