Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:05:21 -0600 (CST)
From:      Stephen Cravey <cravey@gotbrains.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Unable to boot 5.0-R CD error

I'm getting an error when trying to boot any of the 5.0-RELEASE cd's
something like:

CD Loader 1.01
Building txxx boot loader arguments
Could not find primary volume descriptor

and then it dies there. txxx is illegible in my notes, but somehow I don't
think that is significant. When booting from floppy, I have to install
additional drivers from the driver floppy to be able to install from CD.

The device line from dmesg after installation is:

acd0: CDROM <GCD-R580B> at ata1-master PIO3

I have a vague recollection of a problem similar to this sometime in the
4.x tree, but specifics totally escape me.

-Stephen