Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:23:33 -0600
From:      "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
To:        Laz Christian Peterson <lpeterson@paravis.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Use of source/OS

Laz,

> My name is Laz Peterson and I am with Paravis Technologies, a PC
> manufacturing company located near San Francisco, CA.  We are very
> interested in using your operating system for all of our
> workstation/client systems and also to build our network of servers.
> One of our objectives is to build a network that has one 'HQ' based in
> San Francisco, and almost 100,000 nodes based off of this OS spread all
> throughout the western US.  We want to use all new networking protocols
> and architectures.  We are currently working with a network service
> provider in building a VPN over a fiber network.

Sounds like some interesting stuff!

> We would like to heavily customize the operating system and ultimately,
> when we are out of beta stages, make the source open and allow everyone
> to submit suggestions, inform of bugs and other flaws, and integrate
> software of their own seamlessly.
>
> Who can I talk to about such business?  I appreciate your time.

Well, that would depend on what you want to talk about  :)

The license allows you to do all of this, so there's no troubles there.
What specifically do you have questions about?  Asking them here is a
good way to at least get pointed in the right direction for an answer.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)     |    fullermd@over-yonder.net
Unix Systems Administrator      |    fullermd@futuresouth.com