Date:      Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:49:29 +0200
From:      Enrique Ayesta Perojo <eayesta@portugalete.uned.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Interrupt storm detected on "irq7"

--nextPart6458623.Zj2O4n62fY

Hello, i'm running FreeBSD 5.3 BETA-7 from October 13, everytime i try to=20
print something through my LPT printer i get the next message:

Interrupt storm detected on "irq 7: lpt0"; throttling interrupt source

and the printer gets extremely slow. I've googled a bit and have found it's=
=20
not a strange problem, some people suggest to add SMP option to the kernel=
=20
(it's a one processor machine) or increasing the number of simultaneous=20
interruptions at sysctl. I don't think any of them are a good choice, but..=
=2E.

Anyone of you has had this problem? and if so, how did you solve?

Thanks in advance