Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:54:49 -0400
From:      dfolkins <dfolkins@comcast.net>
To:        Jon-Paul Gonzalez <whizkid0916@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mounting problem

> the cdrom isnt mounted because I umount /dev/acd0c, and the when I tried
> mount it outside of KDE it said device busy.

um, ok, try the following sequence of commands (the umount is there just in
case, and the cd / is there to make sure your cwd is not /cdrom, which is
useful for umount.)

cd /
umount /cdrom
mount_cd9660 /dev/acd0c /cdrom

see if that works for you.

> another problem I am having is
> that in my /etc/fstab file I dont see my floppy drive as a mountable
drive.
> any help would help.

use the device /dev/fd0 to mount a floppy.  e.g.:

mkdir /mnt/floppy
mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

if its an msdos floppy, try using mount_msdos instead of just mount

--
dfolkins