Date:      14 Feb 1998 11:36:33 -0600
From:      stephen farrell <stephen@farrell.org>
To:        "P.W.M. van Dijk" <P.W.M.vanDijk@si.hhs.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PS/2 mouse

"P.W.M. van Dijk" <P.W.M.vanDijk@si.hhs.nl> writes:

> I have just installed FreeBSD version 2.2.5.

Great.

> I have 2 questions for the moment:
> 1. I cannot install my 3-button Logitech PS/2 mouse. I tried every
>    combination of mouse and port, but nothing worked. At last I
>    installed mij
> serial mouse in stead. Do you know the correct way to install mij
> Logitech PS/2 mouse.

Well, you're looking (presumably) to get it working under X windows.
There is also mouse support on the console but this is not very
important.  For XFree86 (the default X server for freebsd), ps/2 mouse
must be installed as "PS/2"--NOT logitech.  You'll be able to choose 3
button operation as well (i.e., NOT "3 button emulation").

--

Steve Farrell