Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 09:48:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Benjamin A. Oldham" <oldhamb@carleton.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   linux audio vs freebsd audio

So I've downloaded a linux sound player to use under X, compiled it fine,
start it up, and it opens up nicely.  The only problem being the error
"bind: Invalid argument," which I'm guessing means that it's not binding
to the audio devices that I'm using.  (Obviously, no sound actually gets
played).  I'm using the standard FBSD sound drivers (not Luigi's), and am
wondering if someone knows whether or not I could simply create a sym link
to the appropriate drivers, and if so, what the links should be named?  I
_think_ that the device that should be used under FBSD is going to be
/dev/dsp, which is a link to /dev/dsp0.

any ideas?