Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:30:25 +0200
From:      Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        Kedar Damle <kedar.damle@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange Issue with regards to fdisk

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 01:40:46PM +0530, Kedar Damle wrote:
> Hello,
>
> These are screenshots of a VM-Ware installation of FreeBSD 6.0 with 4GB
> hard-disk attached to it. When I toggle "Z" for the display of size, it
> shows 4095MB and then 3GB.
> Is this correct?

I woudn't wurry about it. Its just a rounding error.
floor(4095/1024) = 3 (1024 * 4 = 4096)

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.

Howtos based on my personal use, including information about
setting up a firewall and creating traffic graphs with MRTG
http://alex.kruijff.org/FreeBSD/