Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2000 13:18:45 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>
Cc:        "Brian Gallucci" <briang@expnet.net>, "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help HOWTO create a Recovery Disk for BSDI?

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 22:14:25 +1100, Danny wrote:

> - this is an emergency

Then you should probably contact the people you pay to support your BSDI
installation.  BSDI is a commercial product, no?  You may as well get
what you're paying for. :-)

> - I need to create an emergency recovery disk for BSDI 2.1

I have absolutely no idea how to go about this.  You might get a better
answer from someone else on the freebsd-questions mailing list, but if
this is a real emergency, take my aadvice above.

> 1) Is it possible to create a BSDI Emergency Recovery disk from FreeBSD?
> (using mount /cdrom -> cd /cdrom/FLOPPIES/recovery.image /A) ??

Sounds feasible.  Mount the CDROM and then use dd to create a disk image
from the file, e.g.:

	dd if=recovery.image of=/dev/fd0

Ciao,
Sheldon.