Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 98 17:52:28 -0500
From:      Andrew Stevens <andrew@log.on.ca>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PPP Problems

-- [ From: Andrew Stevens * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Brian and Doug:

   Thanks very much for your replies.  I tried disabling lqr and installing
the new version of ppp, and have now run into a different problem.  I
believe that this was the problem all along, as some of the other minor
abnormalities I was seeing seem to confirm a device problem.  Here it is:

   I load ppp, and type term to enter terminal mode.  The following messages
come up on the screen:

ppp[177]: tun0: Error: OpenModem failed: /dev/cuaa1: Device not configured
Failed to open modem.

   Doing a MAKEDEV didn't clear things up, either.

   Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Andrew Stevens.