Date:      Wed, 6 Jan 2016 14:00:14 +0200
From:      Ivan Klymenko <fidaj@ukr.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MESA & Video memory

Hi ALL.

I have:
vgapci0@pci0:0:2:0:     class=0x030000 card=0x167c103c chip=0x01168086
rev=0x09 hdr=0x00 vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = '2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated
Graphics Controller' class      = display
    subclass   = VGA

and

Extended renderer info (GLX_MESA_query_renderer):
    Vendor: Intel Open Source Technology Center (0x8086)
    Device: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Sandybridge Mobile  (0x116)
    Version: 11.0.8
    Accelerated: yes
    Video memory: 1536MB
    Unified memory: yes
    Preferred profile: core (0x1)
    Max core profile version: 3.3
    Max compat profile version: 3.0
    Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
    Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.0

glxinfo | grep 'Video memory'
Video memory: 1536MB

I do not need much video memory. How to reduce the size of video
memory? (for me it is much more valuable to have more RAM)

Option in/etc/X11/xorg.conf
VideoRam 32768 it does not affect the allocated memory.
BIOS also does not include any adjustments to allocate video memory.

Thanks.