Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:25:58 -0800
From:      Michael DeMan <michael@staff.openaccess.org>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dd@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Bart Van Kerckhove <bart@it-ss.be>, "freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: OT - Quagga/CARP

Hi,

The issue I have is that FreeBSD will not allow quagga to configure
an additional interface on the local system if already exists in the
routing table.

So, if you already have a route to 10.100.100.0/24 via OSPF to
another machine, then try to...

ip address 10.100.100.55/24

You get an error.

It is possible to force the interface configuration via 'ifconfig' on
the UNIX command line, but for this equipment I want all interface
configuration and routing driven out of Quagga.

Michael F. DeMan
Director of Technology
OpenAccess Network Services
Bellingham, WA 98225