Date:      Fri, 04 Dec 98 18:52:16 PST
From:      "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPX Routing

I had a similar situation...

What I've done:
#sysctl -a
gives: net.ipx.ipxnetbios:0

Because all my clients are wintel'ed thus supporting IPX with NETBIOS,
I just found in ~/sys/netipx/ file called ipx_input.c

This is the only file containing line
static int ipxnetbios = 0
Changed it to 1 and rebuilt kernel ... It works!

Caution: I'm not a (system) programmer, so probably
my solution is (methodically?) incorrect.

Of course, you might try (as I did) first
#sysctl -w net.ipx.ipxnetbios=1
to check if this is your case...

Igor

P.S. To hackers: my opinion is that this topic about IPX routing
appears quite regularly (though not very frequently) in the form
"I want IPX routing - and it doesn't work".
Probably the docs need to describe correct actions
in more detailed fashion??