Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:15:04 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Zbigniew Szalbot" <zbyszek@szalbot.homedns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: diagnosing a reacurring system freeze

Hello,

> Start with /var/log/messages and /var/log/console and then just anything
> else in /var/log... look at the entries just before it hangs.. sometimes
> you'll get a clue as to what is causing it to panic...

I also experience periodic freezes. One pattern I am able to see is that
whenever there is a freeze and I cannot log to the box for a period,
/var/log/messages says:

Feb 14 00:06:35 192 kernel: dc0: watchdog timeout
Feb 14 03:14:59 192 kernel: dc0: watchdog timeout

Freezes are always connected with watchdog timeout. Any hints how to dig
further?

--
Zbigniew Szalbot