Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 1997 15:32:16 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@blueberry.co.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.1.7: YP/NIS and getservent()/getprotoent() functions

Hi,

The yp(4) manual page on my 2.1.7 system includes (under "BUGS")

     The getservent(3) and getprotoent(3) functions do not yet have NIS sup-
     port. Fortunately, these files don't need to be updated that often.

Is this still true? A quick eyeball through the source in

    /usr/src/lib/libc/net/getservent.c

shows what look like appropriate YP functions, and quick tests with my
/etc/services file seem to show that the '+' token in /etc/services
*is* recognised and acted upon.

If someone more knowledgable than me could confirm this is the case, I'll
submit patches to the appropriate documentation (since it looks like
-current, based on

   ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/share/man/man4/yp.4

has the same wrong information).

--+=[ Blueberry Hill                  Blueberry New Media                ]=+--
--+=[ http://www.blueberry.co.uk/     1/9 Chelsea Harbour Design Centre, ]=+--
--+=[ WebMaster@blueberry.co.uk       London, England, SW10 0XE          ]=+--
--+=[      Contributing to the heat death of the Universe since 1973     ]=+--