Date:      Fri, 24 May 2002 16:18:41 -0400
From:      Shaun Newcomer <shaun@ncweb.com>
To:        "Mike A. Oligny" <pandaro@freebsd.schema.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help!! Normal 4.5 Install Kernel doesn't work.

Thanks for the quick response!

I know how to build the kernel and I already have. I replaced the kernel I
that would work with the one on an install floppy and got the install to
run fine. But when I went to reboot, it looked like the GENERIC kernel was
installed.

Would it work if I swapped the kernel I made with the kernel on a fixit disc?