Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 1998 09:06:52 -0400
From:      Rick Siple <RickSiple@mpainc.com>
Subject:   CRL Network Services Carries the Traffic of the Record-Breaking W alnut Creek CDROM FTP Site

News of ftp.cdrom.com's performance have made it beyond our sheltered
mailing lists.  Although the article centers on CRL, it mentions FreeBSD
in a positive light, to say the least.

Excerpt from article:
-----
Walnut Creek CDROM set the record of transferring 417 gigabytes of files
in one day, surpassing Microsoft Corporation's [Nasdaq:MSFT - news]
record of transferring approximately 350 gigabytes of files per day
during the Windows95 release. Microsoft used more than 40 server
machines to achieve the previous record, while Walnut Creek CDROM used a
single 200MHz Intel Pentium Pro processor running FreeBSD.
-----

To which I can only say, "Impressive . . . most impressive."  (Darth
Vader, "The Empire Strikes Back")