Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:26:25 +0000
From:      Lewis Thompson <purple@lewiz.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem building binaries with Linux GCC.

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

Hi,

I've just tried to compile linux_mesa3 but it's failed because the
installed version of Linux GCC seems to know nothing about the march
athlon-xp.

  The config.log shows this:

     14 configure:1027: checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe
-march=3Dathlon-xp ) works
     15 configure:1043: cc -o conftest -O -pipe -march=3Dathlon-xp
conftest.c  1>&5
     16 cc1: bad value (athlon-xp) for -march=3D switch

  This is obviously easy to workaround by changing the values in
/etc/make.conf but it would be nice to have the port do this, if
possible?

  I have linux_base-8-8.0_3 and linux_devtools-7.1_1 installed.

-lewiz.

--=20
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple@lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz@jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy--